The Texas climate and dry soil conditions can take their toll on a foundation of a home. A foundation drip line is something to consider to help preserve your foundation or minimize future shifting. Here are some insights on the process:
- Unlike normal drip systems a foundation drip line will be buried in the ground.
- The typical dimensions for burial are 4-6”s below the ground & 4-6”s away from the foundation
- We use a special copper coated drip line to prevent root penetration from damaging the material (copper dulls roots)
- The drip system will operate as its own automatic sprinkler zone
- Our technicians will connect directly into your sprinkler mainline, and add a new valve for the foundation drip line
- If the drip is underground how will you know if the system is working? We’ll connect a “flag indicator” to the drip line as a visual aid – once the zone is turned on and the system is pressurized the flag will pop open.